Saturday, April 23, 2011

Decleration of Independance

I have to memorize this for school so I thought writing it down might help.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the cuases which impel them to separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men were created equal, that they are endowed by their Creater with certain unalienable Rights, that aming these are Life, Liberty and the oursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are tinstituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.


Thats all of the Decleration I have to memorize. I also have to memorize this.

" Is life so Dear, and Peace so Sweet, as to be purchased at the prise of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others shall take but for me: Give me Liberty ir give me Death!"

3 comments:

  1. The last thing you have to memorize is that Thomas Jefferson? I don't really know but something's telling me it is.?.
    Do you have it all memorized yet?
    That's a lot! The longest thing I memorized is Psalms 141.
    ~Jordan~

    ReplyDelete
  2. the give me liberty or give me death i think is Patrick Henry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think it is.

    And how long do you have to memorize it??
    Do you have to say it in front of the class?

    ReplyDelete